Our mission: Advancing the world’s knowledge
Our vision: In 2020 the British Library will be a leading hub in the global information network, advancing knowledge through our collections, expertise and partnerships, for the benefit of the economy and society and the enrichment of cultural life.
Our vision is supported by five key themes which set out the strategic priorities for the Library:
- Guarantee access for future generations.
- Enable access to everyone who wants to do research.
- Support research communities in key areas for social and economic benefit.
- Enrich the cultural life of the nation.
- Lead and collaborate in growing the world’s knowledge base.