- Through 2015, 85% of Fortune 500 organizations will be unable to exploit big data for competitive advantage.
- By 2015, at least 20% of all cloud services will be consumed via internal or external cloud service brokerages, rather than directly, up from less than 5% today.
- Through 2015, 80% of social business efforts will not achieve the intended benefits due to inadequate leadership and an overemphasis on technology.
- By 2020, 75% of enterprises’ information security budgets will be allocated for rapid detection and response approaches, up from less than 10% in 2012.
- By 2016, 20% of enterprise bring your own device (BYOD) programs will fail due to deployment of mobile device management measures that are too restrictive.
Business analytics — solutions used to build analysis models and simulations to create scenarios, understand realities and predict future states. Business analytics includes data mining, predictive analytics, applied analytics and statistics, and is delivered as an application suitable for a business user.
Business intelligence — leverage technology and best practices to deliver management insight from enterprise applications and data. Combine business intelligence tools and applications with effective structure, quality improvement and information governance and learn to maximize payback while minimizing risk.