- Everywhere in the world, you find good things.
- I don’t feel like I have to be nationalistic French because I’m afraid of losing whatever. No, no, no, no. And also I don’t think we are the best.
- I’m a minimalist. I don’t really need much to enjoy a good holiday – just my family and the bare essentials.
- The best way to impress a woman is to be the most honest you can.
- There is no heaven on Earth. Not now anyway.
- I’ll tell you something that’s completely true – you can, as a man, obtain everything you want with the truth. If you lie, first of all you’ve got to be a very good lying actor, which is tres difficile. And it’s going to give you poison inside the body.
- When I am up in Paris then the restaurant which has remained my favourite for the past decade is Guy Savoy. The menu is huge, sophisticated and very creative but I keep to simple choices.
- My plat de resistance is potato salad with garlic and olive oil which we press from the olives from my trees in the grounds of my home near St Remy de Provence. I have four hectares and take the olives down to the local community press at Maussane les Alpilles. I don’t produce big quantities; it is just for the family and friends.
- At home I keep things simple with fish, pasta and soups and am often preparing stuff for the family.
- But I will say that most comedians are the saddest people I know. That is the biggest paradox to me.
- Because I was born in Casablanca and my parents were from the south of Spain, I do not have a big central root in France. I feel French but in a few ways, not at all French.
- If it’s a romantic holiday, the only thing I need is my wife. We love quiet and calm places where we can’t be disturbed. Neither of us likes being in busy places; we would much rather stay in our hotel room and enjoy each other’s company.
This entry was posted in good
. Bookmark the permalink