- Everything existing in the universe is the fruit of chance and necessity.
- If you suffer injustice, console yourself; the true unhappiness is in doing it.
- Good means not merely not to do wrong, but rather not to desire to do wrong.
- By desiring little, a poor man makes himself rich.
- Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.
- Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.
- Hope of ill gain is the beginning of loss.
- I would rather discover one true cause than gain the kingdom of Persia.
- It is better to destroy one’s own errors than those of others.
- It is godlike ever to think on something beautiful and on something new.
This entry was posted in quote
. Bookmark the permalink