- These are the seeds of a revolution.
- Each dot above represents a seed company from the 1990s.
- By 2018, they were all wholly or partly owned by Monsanto, then the largest seed producer in the world.
- Last year, Monsanto was acquired by the German conglomerate Bayer, making it the world’s biggest agrochemical and seed company.
- Today, just four giant companies (Bayer, Corteva, ChemChina, BASF) control more than 60 percent of all the world’s seed sales.
This entry was posted in change
. Bookmark the permalink